UK Visa & Immigration Information

We are delighted to welcome international students to our College. Below is some information on the rules and requirements for studying in the UK. 

European Union, European Economic Area Nationals and Switzerland

If you are a national of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or of Switzerland, you do not require a visa or immigration permission to enter and remain in the UK while you are studying.

Your passport or identity card will not be stamped when you enter the UK as there is no formal time limit on your stay.

For the most up to date information relating to Brexit and the UK leaving the EU please click here.


Non EU/EAA nationals

If you are not a national from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you would like to study in the UK then you must hold valid immigration permission that allows you to study in the UK on your chosen course.


Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

If you are applying for a full time course such as a Level 3 Vocational programme or a Foundation/ Top-up degree that lasts longer than 6 months then you will be expected to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

In order to achieve your points and be eligible for Tier 4 General entry clearance, you need to achieve a score of 40 points under the points based system by having:

  • A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Tier 4 licensed UK institution (30 points);
  • Evidence that you have sufficient funds for your first year’s fees, and to support yourself with living costs etc while you study (10 points).

The following checklist is designed to assist you with your Tier 4 visa application to the college - you still need to ensure you read and are familiar with the most up to date Tier 4 Student guidance issued by the home office before making your final visa application - click here to download.

Documents assessed by the college before issuing a CAS number:

  • Valid passport
  • Evidence that you meet the English Language requirement or are exempt from it – please note you will need take an IELTS for UKVI from an approved test centre - click here for guidance on applying for UK Visa (approved English Language tests).
  • Evidence of previous qualifications that meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme
  • Evidence that you meet the financial requirements to live and study in the UK
  • Valid TB test certificate showing you do not have TB (if required)
  • If you will be under 18 on the date you apply for your visa then you will need to an international student consent form completing by your parent/legal guardian

(For the official visa application, you will need a letter from your parent/legal guardian confirming their relationship to you and that they consent to travel arrangements, your study and living arrangements whilst in the UK. You will also need evidence of your relationship with your parent/legal guardian e.g. birth certificate)

  • 20% course fee deposit before the issue of a CAS number

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides some additional useful information regarding preparing for your visa application - click here.

The Home Office has also put together a guide to supporting documents - download.


Short Term Study Visa

If you are applying for one of our English Language Centre programmes then you can apply for a short-term study visa for up to 11 months.

For more information, visit the website.