Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud of the social and cultural diversity of our community and see it as a strength that inspires innovation and creativity. We are committed to our College being a place where learning and working exists in an environment that advances equality of opportunity, celebrates diversity and allows everyone to achieve their fullest potential.
To fulfil our commitment we will
- embed equality and diversity within all our practices
- advance equality and diversity and tackle all forms of discrimination
- celebrate diversity and difference
- seek to educate staff, students and the community to both foster good relations and recognise the benefits of a diverse community.
Click here to see our objectives for the next academic year.
Single Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Scheme 2014 - 2017
We will meet our legal duties under the Equality Act 2010 to promote equality by;
- driving the agenda at the highest level
- developing and raising awareness across the organisation
- sharing good practice
- working with learners, staff and external partners to address barriers faced by particular groups to allow full participation
- monitoring, measuring and evaluating the impact of Equality and Diversity policies, and practice.
Click here for the equality update for staff and Governors 2015/16
Click here for our Equal Pay Audit 2014/15
New College Durham have been recognised by the National Centre of Diversity as Leaders in Diversity. This was achieved in May 2016. This process has given the College a framework against which to analyse our performance and identify areas for further development and improvement.