Confirmation of Awards

Enquiries about a previous course of study at New College Durham should be directed to

If your qualification was awarded by New College Durham we will ask you for £50 if you want us to provide a replacement certificate and diploma supplement. You will be asked to pay via our Finance office quoting a reference provided by

If your qualification was awarded by another organisation (eg. a validating university or awarding body) you should approach this organisation for replacement certificates.

If you studied with us before 1995 you are likely to have an award validated by CNAA or Open University and should use the links below to obtain confirmation of your award:

CNAA Awards 

Open University Awards 

If you qualified as a Social Worker before the introduction of the social work degree and have lost your certificate, you can apply for a letter to verify your qualification here

Please note the College does not provide an Apostille service therefore Students with Apostille enquiries relating to transcripts or degree certificates should contact the FCO Legalisation Office.

If you have a copy of a New College Durham document and you wish to confirm the validity of the document please contact